FORUMS: list search recent posts

nurbs modeling

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Desrever
nurbs modeling
on Nov 14, 2006 at 12:25:26 am

I've got a curve from illustrator that I am lofting across scaled/transformed duplicates. When rendered, the surfaces look shabby, blocky, and not consistent across seams. I'm looking for some tips on the best workflow for connecting multiple curves and a way to improve detail within a nurbs surface? Do lofted surfaces have normals or need to be stitched together? Also, how would one go about improving the accuracy of a nurb planar surface's edge in relation to a wavy cv curve?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: nurbs modeling
on Nov 14, 2006 at 3:01:39 pm

Change the Tesselation settings for the object. Increasing the tesselation in the V direction should help.

Open the 'Tesselation' section of the Shape node's attributes to access these settings.

Note that an extruded surface inherits the detail/resolution of the path curve, so adding detail to the path curve is a way to add detail to the extruded surface right from the start.

-Steve

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: nurbs modeling
on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:31:05 pm

[Steve Sayer] "Note that an extruded surface inherits the detail/resolution of the path curve, so adding detail to the path curve is a way to add detail to the extruded surface right from the start."

That's got me multiple times. :-) Listen to Steve. Rebuild the curve and then duplicate it, I bet that'll help tremendously.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Build Your Own Velocity. See how:
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]