FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a simple nurbs model finished. Will pay.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blase Theodore
Need a simple nurbs model finished. Will pay.
on Nov 8, 2006 at 9:02:53 pm

(I read through rules of conduct, please advise if there's a better place for this)

Hi,

Is anyone here NURBS proficient/willing to finish a quick nurbs model of a coathanger for me? I've got the skeleton composed of curves, but I can't seem to birail or loft the damn thing together, so I'd like to just hand it over to someone more experienced to skin it.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Need a simple nurbs model finished. Will pay.
on Nov 8, 2006 at 11:46:27 pm

The problem is that the shape you're trying to create has complex topology. All NURBS are really squares, just bent and folded and stretched to take on different shapes. However, this object is constructed in such a way (because it has a hole in the centre) that you won't be able to construct it out of those squares--not without breaking it up into sections.

So what needs to happen is a seam needs to be introduced to the curve layout, a section where two sections join together--the obvious place is where the hanger body loops back and connects to itself.

If that's not enough info, and you're still interested in having someone finish the model, I'd be happy to do it for the price you named. You can contact me at steve at stephensayer dot com.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]