FORUMS: list search recent posts

printing from Maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
billyvoltron
printing from Maya
on Nov 3, 2006 at 12:15:23 am

whats the best way to get a nice print out of Maya? I cant take a screen shot or export as video because i need it to have at least 300 dpi for resolution... Is there any way to export out or capture a scene so that i can print it???

Return to posts index

alistair liddell
Re: printing from Maya
on Nov 4, 2006 at 9:03:59 am

In your render settings under common change your image size to custom and Size units to cm or inches type in your final output size plus bleed if necesary and change resolution to 300 dpi. Render your sceen then under file in your render view select save image. You will then have to open this up in photoshop and change image size to 300dpi but deselect the Resample image cheak box at the bottom. You could skip this last process if you like and just reduce the scale of your image when you place it in your layout programme but I prefere to know that the image is 300dpi at 100%

AL

Return to posts index

billyvoltron
Re: printing from Maya
on Nov 8, 2006 at 12:52:01 am

awesome, thank you!

Return to posts index

billyvoltron
WAIT one more thing!??!?
on Nov 8, 2006 at 3:54:51 am

im a little novice on Maya still... havent used it in a few months... im on the newest version (i think) how exactly do i find "common" under "render"? is it in the render view because i dont see it...
please help.

Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: WAIT one more thing!??!?
on Nov 8, 2006 at 6:16:28 pm

Alistair is referring to a tab in the Render Settings window. Click on the render settings button, and you will see two tabs in the window that opens up. The first is always 'Common' and the second is specific to the renderer you have chosen--Maya Software, Mental Ray, etc.

-Steve

Return to posts index

billyvoltron
on Nov 10, 2006 at 1:46:02 am

PLEASE HELP - i cant find anything about image size or units or even dpi in the Render Globals Settings.... I can change to custom, but dont see any of these other options. I AM LOST!!! Am i in the right render settings area? It has the common tab on it.

Thank you...!!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Nov 10, 2006 at 2:31:46 am

It should be right there in the Common tab.

There are three sections which can be expanded or collapsed: Image File Output, Image Size, and Render Options. The Image Size section contains the settings you need.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]