The version of Maya I'm currently using just stopped batch rendering one day for no apparent reason. I changed no settings, and the render settings were the same as I was using when it worked, but now it begins the batch render but just sticks on the first frame and doesn't finish even that no matter how long I leave it for. I've tried resetting all the settings and deleting the user preferences file but nothing has helped. I'm doing a project for a client at the moment so this is a big problem. It still IPR and single frame renders OK, but the batch render just messes up. Does anyone have any advice on what could be wrong and how to fix it?
Are you using a Mac? I had the same thing occur on my Mac but it was, in fact, rendering. I went to look for the rendered iff files and they were there even though it appeared as though it never got past the 1st frame.
If there is a problem, I would think it would be displayed in the script editor.
You can of course try lowering all of the setings to see if that is the issue and work them back up until you see the same problem. Try rendering at Preview resolution if you haven't yet. It is an odd problem especially since it worked before (I assume).
Thanks Glenn, I've just managed to figure out the problem actually (I'm on a PC, what you said has happened before too though!). My firewall settings used to be configured not to block Maya (as this prevents rendering for some reason), but I updated things and they must have changed... I looked in on the settings on the off chance there was something I could alter there and noticed it was blocked when it shouldn't be!