FORUMS: list search recent posts

CV Editing problem in Maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enmurlab
CV Editing problem in Maya
on Oct 12, 2006 at 3:56:19 pm

Hello I'm using Maya 8 on a mac with OSX 10.4.8, and have been experiencing some problems. When I create a NURBS shape (say a sphere), and try to enter "Control Vertex" mode, I get the following error message: "Warning: Edit UV Mode is not enabled on nurbsSphere1. UVs will not be selectable." Also, only two CVs show up, and they are on the far end of the sphere. Is there some property of the object that must be changed to correct this problem, and if so, what? Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: CV Editing problem in Maya
on Oct 15, 2006 at 1:54:16 pm

Hello, are you sure you're using the correct selection mode? It sounds like you're trying to select UVs instead of CVs.

How are you entering 'Control Vertex' mode? Try right-clicking on the object and selecting 'Control Vertex' from the popup menu to be certain.

Hope that helps,

-Steve

Return to posts index

enmurlab
on Oct 16, 2006 at 8:06:25 pm

Yeah that's what I did, right-click on the sphere and choose Control Vertex.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Oct 17, 2006 at 2:38:32 pm

Hmm, that's very strange!

Only two CVs show up?

What if you create a sphere with more sections and spans?

If you could post a screenshot that might help--it's difficult to guess what the problem might be without seeing what's happening.

-Steve

Return to posts index

acidman
on Nov 16, 2006 at 1:35:19 pm

Hi Steve,

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem. When I try to right click on a cube for arguments sake and then click control vertex I receive a message along the lines of "Warning: Edit UV Mode is not enabled on bottomnurbsCube1. UVs will not be selectable."???? I'm so confused!! I'd be very grateful for any help on this matter....

Return to posts index

LunarHavok
on Jan 11, 2007 at 7:28:44 pm

Hey this was just a fluke that i fix the same problem my coworker was having. When tyring to go into component mode (by pressing F8) I pressed the # 8 key instead. That brought me to the PFX canvas mode which inturn refreshed my screen and allowed me to view the CV on all my NURBS surfaces. What a lucky mistake! If anyone knows why this happens please explain but in the meantime it a weird work around lol!

~Jaz~
Jbobe03@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Replogle
on Sep 26, 2010 at 10:44:53 pm

I am having this problem with Maya 2009. When I right click and choose cv mode, my curves turn blue, but no cvs appear, they are still editable though, if I select these invisible cvs. If I choose f8 the same thing happens but I do not get the error message.

I have tried turning on the visibility of the cvs everywhere I can think of.

Any help?

Return to posts index

Shugo Tanaka
on Dec 31, 2011 at 6:35:24 pm

I'm going through the 2012 Maya tutorials and ran into this problem as well. Found out by selecting Object Mode and then Control Vertex through the marking menu allows you to edit the Control Vertices.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]