FORUMS: list search recent posts

camera/scene question

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zhenka
camera/scene question
on Sep 27, 2006 at 1:59:12 pm

Hey guys

In my short film i have a number of different maya scenes that will transition into each other, then greenscreen footage of my actor will be composited in.

I have a scene, where my actor is on a turntable, so it looks like the camera is rotating around him as it tracks out. This is the point where the environment around him transitions.

I have matchmoved the 3D camera in the initial scene but as the transition occures halfway through the camera move, i need to repeat the exact same camera move in my next maya scene.

I have tried exporting the camera, and bringing it into the next scene but its position is way off, and since it is all keyframed, changing it seemed the same as just redoing the whole camera move. I then tried to group my whole scene, and move it into the correct position but, the necessary rotations and scalings messed up all proportion and light positions.

Should i try bringing in the second scene into the first? I will still have the same issue with grouping, rotating etc...

I'm sure there must be a reasonably easy solution for this, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
Re: camera/scene question
on Sep 28, 2006 at 7:32:57 pm

your camera/lights/everything for that matter should remain in tact? Something is getting messed up elsewhere, scene units or something.

Have you tried a simply referencing in the old scene into the one you need a transition continuation for? If the reference comes in wierd then, your 2 scenes don't match up for some other but should be obvious reason.

good luck,

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

zhenka
on Sep 29, 2006 at 12:00:07 am

Hey Jason

Yes the scenes dont match up for a very obvious reason. The first scene is very large and the camera is situated at like 300 units or something. The second scene is formidably smaller. I did not forsee this issue unfortunately.

Therefore the camera is being imported accurately into the second scene, but the problem is that i need it in a completely different location. What do you think would be my best bet here, how can i group all geometry and lights and change all their pivot points to one single copordinate so i can accurately rotate and scale the whole scene?

Cheers

Return to posts index

zhenka
on Sep 29, 2006 at 12:24:33 am

Never mind, finally managed to group all the elements in the scene in the right manner so as all pivot points coincide. Now i can rotate and move the scene into the right location to match up with my camera move.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]