FORUMS: list search recent posts

antialias and paint effects

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Levels
antialias and paint effects
on Sep 25, 2006 at 4:10:17 pm

Hello,
I have a paint effects stroke of fibers that are animated to look like wire/fiber optics growing. They show up in front of all the objects in the scene even though they weave in front and behind geometry. SO, I converted the stroke to Nurbs. Since the "thin lines" are so thin there is an aliasing problem.

So I have 2 questions:
Can I get an animated paint effects stroke to composite correctly in terms of depth in a scene?

How can I battle this aliasing issue with my thin nurbs. I have production preset and the filter on in my render setting.

Thanks in advance,
T

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: antialias and paint effects
on Sep 25, 2006 at 5:25:47 pm

Paint Effects strokes should by default be occluded correctly by geometry--not sure what the problem is there. Do you have 'modify depth' checked in the basic brush settings?

-Steve

Return to posts index

Levels
on Sep 25, 2006 at 5:32:41 pm

Hey Steve,

I'll check. The only other variable is that is has some glow on it?
Thanks,
T

Return to posts index

Levels
on Sep 26, 2006 at 3:30:58 pm

Steve,

You are correct sir. I must have inadvertently clicked it off. The only other thing is that the brush stroke is animated to start from nothing and then to reveal the whole stroke. However the animation is not smooth. It kind of chugs in increments. Any thoughts as to why that is?

Thanks in advance,
T

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:52:40 am

Glad we got the depth worked out. As for the stroke animation, hmmm, it seems to me there was another thread about this recently--have you tried doing a search?

NURBS parameterization can always play a role, and beyond that I think that brush scale vs. global scale was somehow an issue... can't quite recall. If you turn up nothing I'll have a look tomorrow.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]