FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I animate closed surface extruded type along a CV curve?!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noobInRva
How do I animate closed surface extruded type along a CV curve?!
on Sep 23, 2006 at 5:27:28 pm

Hello,

I am still in the process of learning Maya, so please excuse the newbie question. I am trying to figure out how to animate growing extruded type along a CV curve, but have the shape closed. I am using NURBS for all of these steps. I know how to create the control curve, create the type curve, extrude the type curve along the control curve and animate it using the subCurve values. No problem. What I want, though, is to have the surface closed while animating so you can not see the inside of the tube. This is what I am having trouble with.

I created a Planar Surface from the original type curve but I can't seem to attach it to the extruded surface. I've tried parenting the Planar Surface to the extruded surface. I've tried attaching the isoparms of the two surfaces. I've even tried setting driven keys to get the Planar Surface to follow the extruded surface. I feel like this should not be as hard as I am making it. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

noobInRva

Return to posts index

noobInRva
Re: How do I animate closed surface extruded type along a CV curve?!
on Sep 23, 2006 at 5:58:06 pm

I actually solved my own problem shortly after posting this thread. Instead of creating the Planar Surface from the original type curve, I created it from the isoparm at the end of the extruded surface. It works great. Sorry for the useless thread post!

nIR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]