How did they do this commercial?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
r303
How did they do this commercial?
by
on Sep 21, 2006 at 8:42:40 am

Hi there,

I saw this commercial and I was wondering how they did the tatoos that grows on the skin of the people.

My guess is that they modeled the face, hand, the back of the girl, the shoulder of the man on the bike ect. in a 3D app.
Then they match moved the 3D model with the live fottage. Assigned a tatoo texture to the 3D model, and rendered it out for
later composit in a composit app.

Am I right or is done in a different way?

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/2966/

I ask because I'm going to do the same thing just with buildings and graffiti.

Have any of you tried this or anything similar by the way?
What did you do?

Return to posts index

evrard
Re: How did they do this commercial?
on Sep 25, 2006 at 7:08:11 am

Certainly can be done with 3D, i have note done anything like this before, but i would go with AE and displacement map. I think it would be easier and less costly, but it is my point of view only.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Sep 25, 2006 at 5:23:20 pm

There was an old music video that used the same effect... I think it was the video for 'Hang Ten' by an artist named Edwin? Can't find an online version, though...

-Steve

Return to posts index

zhenka
on Sep 27, 2006 at 2:03:49 pm

I think that initially the actors could have had track marckers on their skin. Using a good 3D tracker (def not after effects!) an animation of the tatoos could be tracked perfectly, with the correct displacement applied to match the topography of the body.

I think something like this could have been done in Shake, without the use of any 3D apps....

Return to posts index

teerav
on Sep 27, 2006 at 5:34:40 pm

above message is probably the most accurate. i would almost guarantee the actors had track marks placed on their skin. Obviously it wasn't a post decision to have tattoos on them. Definetly done in shake and not after effects. doesnt look that hard to accomplish....right...?

Return to posts index

evrard
on Sep 29, 2006 at 5:38:21 am

"Definetly done in shake and not after effects"

http://www.xplorerstudio.com/tutorials/mapping.html

Return to posts index

teerav
on Oct 3, 2006 at 4:49:52 am

lol, so what...? have you ever tried tracking in after effects. or have you ever even used shake? dont get me wrong, im an avid user of after effects, but... it has its limits and purposes. for something that high end, like i said, i would guarantee it was done with shake. cant say ive ever heard of too many production co. not using shake as one of their many tools.

Return to posts index

teerav
on Oct 3, 2006 at 4:49:53 am

lol, so what...? have you ever tried tracking in after effects. or have you ever even used shake? dont get me wrong, im an avid user of after effects, but... it has its limits and purposes. for something that high end, like i said, i would guarantee it was done with shake. cant say ive ever heard of too many production co. not using shake as one of their many tools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]