FORUMS: list search recent posts

For all you expert shaders

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SSGGMM
For all you expert shaders
on Sep 18, 2006 at 12:24:38 pm

I've been struggling with one shading problem in particular. It sounds simple enough, but I can't seem to find the right balance. Latex paint. Interior. For doorframes and the like. Two coats. I assume blinn if the obvious choice, but the proper attribute recipe continues to elude me somehow. There are collections of shaders available for download here and there, but nothing for this. Any suggetions? What I really need are straight physical facts regarding diffuse, specular, eccentricity, etc.

I often wonder if there isn't some kind of chart out there that lists all the materials found in the world, with their corresponding Maya attribute settings. It would certainly cheapen the art of shading, but, man, the time I would save!

Serge

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: For all you expert shaders
on Sep 19, 2006 at 4:23:49 am

[SSGGMM] "I often wonder if there isn't some kind of chart out there that lists all the materials found in the world, with their corresponding Maya attribute settings."

I have good news and bad news for you.

Well, actually, one of the other mods, Kino, has them. (We miss you, Kino!!)

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=61&postid=6...

Read up and down in the thread... but don't get your hopes up.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
Re: For all you expert shaders
on Sep 19, 2006 at 11:29:15 pm

Wow! Very enlightening, thanks for the link Steve and Kino and others for that informative old thread!.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]