FORUMS: list search recent posts

Move Pivot Point

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
micalclark
Move Pivot Point
on Sep 4, 2006 at 2:17:08 pm

Seems like a pretty basic question, but how do I view and/or move the pivot point for an object? Sometimes I can see the point sometimes I can't and sometimes when I'm moving the pivot point the whole object moves. Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

SSGGMM
Re: Move Pivot Point
on Sep 4, 2006 at 4:14:17 pm

Hit your insert key.

Also, when you modify an object, its pivot point goes back to 0,0,0 on the grid, by default. (At least, that's my experience.)

Hope I got your question right - Serge

Return to posts index

micalclark
on Sep 4, 2006 at 8:22:16 pm

Hi Serge,

Thanks for the quick response. Working on 3 Macs (sometimes a laptop) and there doesn't seem to be an "insert" key on any of my keyboards. It's hung me up a couple of times while doing tutorials.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Sep 4, 2006 at 11:04:40 pm

I think the Mac-Insert question has been addressed before on the forums--try searching the archives.

In the meantime, you should be able to just press and hold 'd' to move the pivot, too... a very handy trick I only learned recently. And of course you can use Maya's hotkey editor to remap the 'edit pivot' toggle to anything you like.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on Sep 5, 2006 at 9:32:21 pm

yeah the D hotkey is a great one. I find though that I've prefered to use this mel

http://www.3dbe.com/mscripts.html (Pivot Now Script)

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

micalclark
on Sep 6, 2006 at 1:54:37 am

Thanks guys. I'll try that.

Mike

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Sep 7, 2006 at 3:09:13 am

I could be wrong but it seems like you're asking about Center Pivot. It's under the Modify menu item. Select the object and choose that option. The pivot point will be centered so when you rotate, the object rotates around the pivot point instead of some other point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]