FORUMS: list search recent posts

anyone ever heard of this school for 3d arts?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon
anyone ever heard of this school for 3d arts?
on Aug 18, 2006 at 4:53:18 am

http://www.gnomon3d.com/

Looks pretty cool, they offer classes and a High-End Computer Graphics Certificate (which I don't know how valid that is). What do you guys think?

Return to posts index

George Loch
Re: anyone ever heard of this school for 3d arts?
on Aug 18, 2006 at 7:05:54 am

This school is manned by a lot of talented people - many of them are graduates from the Art Center in Pasadena. If you are after a more hands-on approach to education this would be a great option. They also are pretty well-connected so you will get some great opportunities from there as well.

-gl

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on Aug 18, 2006 at 10:57:05 pm

they are one of the oldest and best schools around for Maya/CG general training. Haven't gone there myself but Highend3D.com was created by 1 of the founding members of Gnomon3D.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Mindset
on Aug 21, 2006 at 10:24:44 pm

I agree, it is a great 3d school. I am from Southern California and Gnomon is know in every VFX house. They have a huge job placement ratio for graduates as well. 90% of their first graduating class all had VFX relavant positions 6 months after graduation.

The only draw-back to gnomon is price, as well as they don't recommend their students to work on the side. Also, it is very Maya oriented; not to say that is a bad thing, but something to keep in mind.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]