FORUMS: list search recent posts

command line render

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sbparke
command line render
on Aug 8, 2006 at 7:38:21 pm

i decided to try out rendering using the command line render by right clicking on my maya scene and clicking "render". it seems to be working fine, but for some reason the frames it renders out look like its a 720x480 frame squished to 720x240. has anyone experienced this before? render settings are definitely set to the correct size in maya (720x480).

also, i've read something about editing a run.bat file to change some of the render settings, but i dont' knwo where to find that file or if that would help with my problem.

thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

sbparke
Re: command line render
on Aug 9, 2006 at 1:04:04 pm

ok, it looks like the frame squishing has nothing to do with rendering through the command line, but I still have no clue why its happening. I've thoroughly checked my render settings and can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

sbparke
on Aug 9, 2006 at 1:31:31 pm

ok nevermind...i'm an idiot. somehow i turned on render even fields.

anyone have a render.bat sample code? i can't get mine to work.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Aug 10, 2006 at 5:58:21 pm

I don't have a sample handy for you, but it's pretty straightforward. Format "render -flags [options] file.name". What is the problem with your own attempts?

One thing to make sure of is that your system knows where to find the render.exe file; otherwise, you'll have to specify the full path in your batch file.

-Steve

Return to posts index

sbparke
on Aug 10, 2006 at 6:04:29 pm

turns out i was doing it right, i just didn't have the file name's path set up quite right b/c of the way my user profile is set up on my workstation. i got it now though.

thanks anyways

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]