FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering problem in Maya 7.0.1

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas J.
Rendering problem in Maya 7.0.1
on Aug 8, 2006 at 12:28:20 am

I've used Maya for about a year now, and across three Apple machines (two G4s and one dual 2.7 ghz G5), I've had the same problem: erratic rendering. When rendering via Maya Software, occasionally Maya will simply stop batch rendering (to targas) with no explanation at all. Other times, the rendering engine will continue, but the batch renderer will stop reporting the render, meaning I have to view the image folder in the finder to see if my files are rendering or not.

The end result: this causes huge problems for me because, at the very least, I need to be able to know that files are going to render when I set a render.

Additionally, I can't seem to render anything using Mental Ray...when I try, I get this message:

Error (mental ray): /Applications/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/base.so:load failed,

Has anybody else encountered these problems? I'm seriously considering a switch to Cinema 4D as I have grown extremely frustrated with this and it's imparing my ability to complete projects the way I want. Before I take that step, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]