FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scale environment or adjust camera settings?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zhenka
Scale environment or adjust camera settings?
on Aug 1, 2006 at 3:51:29 am

Hi all

Just wondering whether there is some camera settings I can adjust to scale the camera down, keeping the environment relatively small. It is crucial that i can maintain a variety of focal lengths for different shots, so i don't want to just bring down the focal length to a ridiculous number and get severe spatial distortions.

I have tried to play with a combination of camera scale and film gate apertures within the attribute editor, but with no results. Do you guys just make your environments huge or is there a way to get around this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: Scale environment or adjust camera settings?
on Aug 1, 2006 at 4:36:58 pm

the real answer to that is your textures. If you group the geometry properly, and scale, it should work fine. However, you may need to tweak your textures to accomodate the scale if they are procedural (3d placer nodes, any kind of connections that depends on information about the camera, etc etc)
-chad

Return to posts index

zhenka
Re: Scale environment or adjust camera settings?
on Aug 2, 2006 at 2:18:44 am

I have grouped the geometry before scaling, and I have not actually begun the texturing process yet, so all the geometry is in the default lambert and has not been UV mapped yet. Therefore, I assume that I should just scale the environment to the appropriate size and then go ahead with the texturing and camera moves?

I was just wondering how scaling up the environment would effect render times and the resolution of the textures that I will eventually apply. I am relatively new to Maya so any additional insight wiil be a great help.

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]