COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pyro
Paint Effects Flow Animation
by
on Jul 26, 2006 at 2:32:06 pm

Hi Cows,
I'm having an issue that likely has a simple solution but anyway, here goes:

I create an EP curve, attach the Pen>ink stroke to it. Set Flow Speed to 18 or so, Check Stroke Time, Check Clip Time. Then I move the time slider ahead to around frame 20 and see the OpenGL preview of the stroke.

But, When I render it with Maya SW, the OpenGL preview doesn't match the Rendered strokes prgression along the curve.

I've tried this with a few brushes, and the same thing occurs. I'm not new to paint effects, but I do get out of practice.

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pyro
Re: Paint Effects Flow Animation
by
on Jul 26, 2006 at 3:56:07 pm

Once again, I've solved my issue here.

The answer is that certain brushes will behave differently and in the case, an "Ink" stroke, does not have as many 'Flow-able' parameters as say a "Tree" brush. Thus, the render and the OpenGL will not flow together and match up like the Tree or Vine brush would.

I'll need to use a different technique to get ink stroke to animate along their curve with visual feedback in the viewpanel.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Jul 29, 2006 at 1:55:14 pm

Try setting your Brush Width (in the Brush Profile section) to 1, and then use the Global Scale attribute to shrink it back down to the size you need.

In a quick test, this seems to sync up the rendered stroke with the wireframe preview for me.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Duncan Brinsmead
on Aug 17, 2006 at 7:06:57 pm

This is a bug with the drawAsMesh feature on the stroke.. it gets the wrong parameterization when "tubes" is off. Try instead converting your stroke to poly(with history on). You can use the poly as feedback on the flow speed then delete it when done and make the stroke visible( so it renders as a stroke rather than a mesh ).

Duncan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]