FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basics of 3D

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow_fan
Basics of 3D
on Jul 15, 2006 at 3:38:45 am

I'd like to start learning 3D... and folks here tell me that maya is the best. I have zero knowledge using 3D but I know how to work 2d in 3D space using After Effects. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can post here websites on the basics of Maya. My friend handed me a tutorial CD but I think it's a bit advanced because there's no part there familiarizing the new user with the user's interface. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
Re: Basics of 3D
on Jul 16, 2006 at 5:44:36 am

I would suggest getting the PLE version (person Learning Edition). It will give you all you ned to know about Starting out with Maya.

Don't expect to pick it up as fast as AE or other such programs...it'll seem impossible to learn at times...then you kind of get it...but there's always more to learn. I feel like I get half way 'there' ever few months but then I'll learn something else and realize how little I know. You just have to stick with it. There are a ton of training materials avaialble once you get started. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Basics of 3D
on Jul 23, 2006 at 6:00:20 am

I agree with your friend. :-)

My first book was Jim Lammer's Maya fundamentals book and it's a great place to start, since he touches on a lot of aspects without getting too heavy into it. Plus he puts movie files on an accompanying CD that walks you through each tutorial, so you barely have to use the book. After that, the alias book set I wrote a review on are the best way to go. They're step by step and they're very good. Alias has a beginner's book also but I haven't read that one.

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how:
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

VelocityX, Version 1.0.01
Kansas City, Kansas - United States

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]