FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI playback problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
visualizer
AVI playback problem
on Jul 13, 2006 at 5:32:04 pm

I rendered out about 2 minutes of animation from Maya as an AVI file. Took it into IDVD and set it up to play automatically and continuously loop. When I previewed the animation it looked fine but when I took it to be played on the DVD player (for projection) there were groups of pizels that would stall. It looked kind of like a mosaic pattern that would every once in a while disturb the animation.
PS. The animation also looked fine played back on my PC. Any thoughts as to why I'm getting this pixelation like effect?

Return to posts index

Deadpixel
Re: AVI playback problem
on Jul 14, 2006 at 4:38:32 pm

I imagine it's some kind of glitch in the transcoding. I had a similar problem once going between premiere and after effects (strangely enough). It only did it with a specific combination of settings that I can't even remember... I think it happened because at the time I was using a current version of AE but an outdated version premiere that may have used a slightly different type of DV compression.

It might also be a problem with the video codecs on your machine.

It might also be your DVD player. Did the problem occur on 2 different players? What's the brand?

I don't think it's the disc or the burnprocess.

My advice would be to try a slightly different method. For example, I batch render JPGs frim Maya and import them into After Effects as an image sequence. There are countless other possibilities. These types of problems tend to be undocumented and difficult to replicate, so your best bet is to simply go around it.

GL -j

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]