FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya software stalling at random

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
neil
Maya software stalling at random
by
on Jul 4, 2006 at 4:34:33 pm

I am currently working on a project in Maya 7 using a G5 Quad and over the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing render stalls while using the software renderer. The project envolves animating a submarine across some generic underwater backgrounds and is not particularly taxing as a scene. each render will eventually 'stick' on one random frame. This can occur at any point in the render and using an identical G5 in the studio with a duplicate of the same the render may progress for 300 frames before sticking in spite of the fact it failed after just 12 frames on my own computer (or vice versa) After much trial and error I think I've narrowed the prblem down to the shadow maps, though had not managed to solve the problem. I've tried Dmaps and Raytraced shadows, I've tried reducing the scene to only one light with a Dmap at a resolution of just 512. The only success I get at un'sticking' my renders is if I turn of shadows completely and I'd rather not do that!

I'm sure its somthing quite simple but I'm at my witts end! please help before I decide to reinstall Cinema 4d!

Return to posts index

Jon W.
Re: Maya software stalling at random
on Jul 11, 2006 at 8:49:39 pm

Hmm that's odd for sure. Just checking to make sure you're at the newest update of Maya 7.0.1. Only other suggestions I might have is test render the project on a Windows version of Maya or try using Mental Ray instead of Software Renderer to see if you can narrow the problem down to either a bug in Maya or a problem with the renderer itself.

Also what if you rendered out a shadow pass in your Render Layers? Does it still crash? If not then you could render it w/o shadows and composite the shadow pass in post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]