FORUMS: list search recent posts

Manipulation Tool & INPUT section missing in 7.0.1

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Sean Emer
Manipulation Tool & INPUT section missing in 7.0.1
on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:53:06 pm

I'm working on my very first *real* model in Maya 7.0 Unlimited (I started out big), and I've run into some trouble. I'm trying to model a Colt .45 pistol. I have the reference image all set up. Now I made a cube and extruded faces until I had the basic barrel in place. Whenveer I did extrude face, I would automatically switch to a manipulator tool that allowed me to move, scale, and rotate the new extruded face. Also, when I made the barrel nozzle, I created a new torus polygon and then edited its radius etc. in the channel box to match what I needed. Everything was working great until I made a new polygon to act as the trigger. I created a new cube primitive polygon, just liek I did to begin the model. However, when I select 'extrude face' from the edit polygons menu, I don't get the manipulator tool. It extrudes the face, but I have to manually switch between the move rotate and scale tools. I still get the manipulator on my old polygons, but not on this new one. In addition to this, my channel box no longer has the input section where I can select the shape and then change its radius, height, subdivisions, etc. All I see under the main settings is SHAPES which contains pCubeShape2. If I select the first cube (now the body of my gun), I also get the INPUTS section, where I can edit subdivisions etc. I can't get that on my new polygon, or ANY new polygon for that matter. I've tried restarting my comp, making new scenes, etc. but I can't figure out how to get the INPUTS section and the manipulator tool to show up on any new polygons. Do you guys know how to resolve this issue? I know it is probably something simple, but I only started playing with Maya on Monday, so I'm a little green.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Edward
Re: Manipulation Tool & INPUT section missing in 7.0.1
on Jul 8, 2006 at 5:03:01 am

Had the same problem...go into your display properties for Windows and adjust the display DPI setting under the advanced tab to 96...this is a known issue for certain Dell laptops and the video drivers which are set to 120 dpi by default...it somehow causes the GUI problem in Maya. Only problem is that is makes everything on my screen so damn small. peace.

Return to posts index

Kim Twu
on Feb 21, 2008 at 2:52:32 pm

Hi,
Hoping someone can assist. I seem to be having the same problem where 'Input Section' is simply missing from the Channel Box. I have searched and searched but can't seem to find the answer. If anyone knows how to address this, please respond. Thanks in advance.
By the way, I'm on a MAC with OS X if that makes any difference.

Return to posts index

louise liu
on Sep 17, 2009 at 11:15:54 pm

hi i just encountered the same problem as Sean!! my input option menu just wouldn't show up no matter what i do to maya!! this is really driving me crazy!! please help me with this!!! ><

thanks a lot!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]