FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resizing a character after binding skin

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
Resizing a character after binding skin
on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:49:58 pm

I've built a creature (mantis) with a lot of joints and got the skin weighted how I like. I did that first and then turned him off to work on the set and etc. I found after the fact that he was way too big for my scene and wondered if there was an easy way to size him down without detaching skin, rebinding skeleton and reweighting. This may be one of those "you can't, so don't do that again" scenarios but I wanted to check here first. I think I can safely size up the set to match the character instead of the other way around but would like to not have to do that if possible.

I did a quick google and found someone saying to put the skeleton and the skin in their own nodes and then group those nodes and size down. This had the effect of scaling down the skin faster than the skeleton though.

Thanks in advance!

- MythProd
(John David Hutton)

Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how:
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

VelocityX, Version 1.0.01
Kansas City, Kansas - United States

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: Resizing a character after binding skin
on Jun 29, 2006 at 8:25:12 pm

What you want to do is scale the joints and any controls you have (as a group or constraint). This isn't always the case 100% of the time but usually works. The reason one is scaling faster than the other is because you have double transformations hapening, meaning your probably scaling the mesh and the skeleton at the scame time.
-chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]