FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird display issue with my sub-obj cage not closing! I've done something and can't figure it out! HELP!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick
Weird display issue with my sub-obj cage not closing! I've done something and can't figure it out! HELP!
by
on Jun 22, 2006 at 2:17:19 am

Hi guys,

I can't for the life of me work out what i did to cause some of my geometry to retain it's sub-object cage after i deselect editing the object!! I'm runing v6.5

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=subdcage2ef.jpg

The above link is a quick screen capture (nothing is selected)!

there is nothing selected yet their is a cage around one peace of my geometry! I can't find how to turn it off in any of the display options! When no objects are selected I only want to see my geometry and when I select the object I want to edit then select one of its Sub-object modes (verts, face, edge) then get the cage! When i click off then the cage should it not disappear? How can i get this back?

Any help would be great! Much appreciated.

Regards,
Nick.

Return to posts index

soccer12
Re: Weird display issue with my sub-obj cage not closing! I've done something and can't figure it out! HELP!
on Jun 23, 2006 at 7:48:55 pm

It looks like you have wireframe shaded mode on or something. Try pressing 5 on your keyboard.

Return to posts index

Nick
Re: Weird display issue with my sub-obj cage not closing! I've done something and can't figure it out! HELP!
by
on Jun 24, 2006 at 7:56:00 am

I'm running shaded mode - the wireframe you are seeing is not the wire frame of the geometry itself but the sub-object manipulation mesh for the geometry. It is only on that particular object - i think it has something to do with using SubDiv geometry in Poly mode.

Thanks for reading!

Return to posts index

jim
by
on Jul 7, 2006 at 9:32:34 am

hello, if you go into the hypergraph and select display shape nodes when you find the bit with the problem there will be two poly cages one that works and one that doesn't.
normally this happends when you go to and from poly to sub and sub to poly conversion whilst still having the sub in poly proxy mode, you should switch to standard before converting to stop this.
however to fix your problem just delete the non working cage from the hypergraph.

hope that helps

cheers

Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]