FORUMS: list search recent posts

lava lamp

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hansphaal1968
lava lamp
on Jun 15, 2006 at 1:44:48 pm

i asked earlier how to make a lava lamp and someone gave me a great tutorial..but what i am really looking for is how to just make the lava stuff,,,kinda like blobs melting into one bigger blob...i am using maya 7..

thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: lava lamp
on Jun 15, 2006 at 7:05:19 pm

Mythprod's reply to your earlier post had two links; the first one linked to information about the 'lava' material and the second to info about modelling the lamp.

Here's that first link again, I think it covers what you need:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-286268.html

Note there are links at the end of the thread to an image and animation of the results, and they're decent.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Thomas Luca
Re: lava lamp
on Oct 22, 2010 at 11:44:19 pm

What you're looking for is a simulation of blobs coalescing just like a real lava lamp, no? There are two plug-ins or effects in After Effects called CC Mr. Mercury and Foam. I know this because I am reading it in a 3D magazine right now. It has an article about this topic called, "How can I create a lava lamp effect?" by Andy Davenport. The magazine is 3D World Issue 132 Aug 2010. I have the project files, I would be happy to share the files and article with you. Or you can contact Andy your self here at meditation.co.uk let me know what you decide.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]