FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alias Platinum bundle--worth the investment?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Sayer
Alias Platinum bundle--worth the investment?
on Jun 1, 2006 at 4:20:39 am

Hello, folks.

I am going to be purchasing a Maya 7 license in the near future, and I've been wondering about the Platinum support package offered along with it. The tech support side of it is nice, but I'm wondering about 'guaranteed' benefits in addition to 'conditional' benefits.

The selling points include access to free training DVDs and so forth. Anyone with Platinum access want to share your experience, and let the rest of us know whether you think it's worth the price?

Thanks in advance,

-Steve

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Did I say 'Alias'? Of course I meant 'Autodesk'. Hah! (nt)
on Jun 1, 2006 at 4:22:24 am

Whoops!

-Steve

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
Re: Alias Platinum bundle--worth the investment?
on Jun 2, 2006 at 12:58:20 pm

If your Maya savvy already which you are right? You don't need platnum. I have a Silver membership which allows me access to the Alias website for $19 a month, DVD's forums, tuts, shaders, blah blah blah (Everything offered in Platnum except Phone Tech Support).

I've been happy thus far with the Silver membership but have to say it's not as great as when it was Alias, Now Autodesk shares the monthly tutorials and general features with MAX. I don't know why as all the MAX users I know don't even know it exists. So I'm guessing Autodesk doesn't charge MAX users for access to the same resources but does Maya (Temporarily).

Hope that helps some...

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Alias Platinum bundle--worth the investment?
on Jun 2, 2006 at 3:05:29 pm

Thanks for the info, Jason. Unfortunately you've made the decision more difficult; I was kind of hoping everyone would sing the praises of Platinum and make it an easy call. ;)

I guess the other advantage of Platinum is the free upgrades--a major upgrade to Maya costs somewhere in the neighbourhood of the Platinum bundle anyway... of course there's no guarantee that one will come around in time. Sigh.

Anyway... I'll do a bit more research, but thanks so much for weighing in.

Anyone else?

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]