Extending animation by 2 sek?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
R303
Extending animation by 2 sek?
by
on May 30, 2006 at 4:06:59 pm

Hi there.

I've got a scene and it has a lot of animation in it. I work with 25 FPS and Maya6.5.

The Director has with the sound designer desided to extend the scene at a certain point, because the rythm of the hole will be more true to the story.

So my animation is good, but I need (for instance at frame 300) to grab all keyframes from then and foreward, for all keyed nodes in my scene, and shift them 50 frames to the right, ie. insert 2 sek of blank space.

Can this be done in some clever way, like you would do in a NLE (editing) program, like inserting a gab and have Maya figuring out to shift all keyframes in the scene by itself. Or do I have to select everything, laso the keyframes I need to move, and move them by hand?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Extending animation by 2 sek?
on May 30, 2006 at 5:14:01 pm

You probably want to use the Scene Summary in the Dope Sheet for this. It lets you select all keys in the scene and manipulate them, without having to select specific objects and without the sometimes-confusing curve information of the Graph Editor.

Note that you can also right-click and use 'Add/Remove Inbetweens' on the time slider or in the Graph Editor for small adjustments.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]