FORUMS: list search recent posts

Excluding Objects from Lights and Moving Graph Ancors

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
djelder
Excluding Objects from Lights and Moving Graph Ancors
on May 24, 2006 at 7:28:51 pm

How do I make a light in my scene exclude casting in certain objects? I'd like to control the lighting on several objects in my scene but don't want the lights to project on every object in the scene? I used to use 3dsmax, and it was easy with their Exclude Objects button on the lights. Does maya have something like this?

Also, I'm trying to adjust the ancors on some graph editor keyframes on OSX, but I can't figure out what mouse button and keyboard command will allow me to move the ancors to create some curves. In the maya help they say with the move command selected use shift+middleMouse to move the ancors. But when I try this on OSX it doesn't move at all. I've tried using all the mouse buttons and other keyboard commands, but no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Daniel Elder
Associate Producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Excluding Objects from Lights and Moving Graph Ancors
on May 25, 2006 at 2:21:33 am

In Maya you can use the Light Linking relationship editor to assign lights to objects and vice versa.

Not sure about OSX--when you try to move curve points, does your cursor turn into a white disc? If so, that means you don't have the move tool selected. Beyond that I'm afraid I can't help.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]