FORUMS: list search recent posts

OSX Cancel Batch Render

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
djelder
OSX Cancel Batch Render
on May 17, 2006 at 7:50:08 pm

For some reason when I try to cancel a Maya 7 Batch Render on a OSX Mac computer it doens't cancel it, it says "Sorry, previous batch render has not started." So it won't cancel it and it keeps on rendering. Only way to get it to stop is to restart the computer. Hitting escape only cancels the current frame, not the whole sequence.

I've used Maya 7 on a PC and Cancel Batch Render works with the same scene. So it must be some problem with the mac version of maya7. Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this so I can cancel batch renders on my mac?

Daniel Elder
Associate Producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
Re: OSX Cancel Batch Render
on May 17, 2006 at 9:08:43 pm

my buddy who is a an OSX guy but not a Maya guy says you should be able to stop the process via the terminal in OSX.

open terminal and type "top"

this will list current OSX processes currently running

To stop a process use the "sudo" command

Look for the "PID" number of the stalled process.
Open a new terminal window so that you can continue to look at the "top" window.
in the command prompt of the new window type. kill -9 228 or what ever PID number the stalled process has.
The process will be killed.

if that doesn't kill the process, then he can use sudo kill -9 228 to force kill the process.

You must be careful when using SUDO because the computer will never question you and you can inadvertantly stop something you shouldn't?

Hope that helps.

Jason

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

djelder
on May 17, 2006 at 9:31:20 pm

We keep getting a Batch Rendor Monitor, and nothing shows up in the monitor, we try to cancel it and this error pops up "SORRY, PREVIOUS BATCH RENDER HAS NOT STARTED" but it is rendering my project at the same time as that error shows up, their has to be some other solution.

Daniel Elder
Associate Producer
http://www.luminair.com

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on May 17, 2006 at 9:46:39 pm

Thats wierd regardless of OS.

You should ask Alias. What version of Maya are you on 7 or 7.01?

Maybe theres a bug in 7.0 for MAC.

Sorry can't help you any further as I use macs.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on May 17, 2006 at 9:56:05 pm

Err, ment to write "don't use macs"

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on May 17, 2006 at 9:14:30 pm

Don't use sudo first. Only as a last resort. Hope this makes sense to you and doesn't mess anything up. Again I don't know anything about MAC's just what a coworker explained to me.

Jason

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Doug Burnett
on Jan 6, 2012 at 11:48:44 pm

Just came across this same problem myself with Maya 2012. Just look for "MayaBatch" in Activity Monitor and quit the process.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]