FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I export shader library shaders to my project directory?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
switchcase
Can I export shader library shaders to my project directory?
on May 7, 2006 at 12:58:33 am

I am currently working on a project using some stuff from the maya shader library, and doing the work,in multiple locations, my studio and at school, and the school machines do not have the maya shader library installed. Is there a way to make maya save all of the shaders I'm using into my project directory so that they're portable? Or should I just dump the entire shader library into my project directory?

Return to posts index

Jameson Schultz
Re: Can I export shader library shaders to my project directory?
on May 8, 2006 at 12:59:49 pm

Hey switch,

I currently do the same thing your doing, working at a studio (home :) ) and at school. And those dang schools never have everything you need, not to mention my supply of shaders gathered from the Alias community.

Anyway, I went out and bought a 200gb external hard drive from Western Digital and any work I do I save to that. But I also have MELs, shaders, and other plug-ins saved on here so I don't have to worry about finding them.

Finally I set the drive letter pretty high and something is not commonly used, mine is set to drive N: . The only reason I do this is because a few times Maya had trouble recognizing where files were when the drive letters kept switching. Haven't had a problem since then.

~Hope this helps~
Jameson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]