FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya 7 - avi rendering problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nanooki
Maya 7 - avi rendering problems
on May 4, 2006 at 2:24:10 pm

Well, Maya 7 has been giving me problems with rendering as an avi file, there's black blocks covering most of the avi and it looks terrible. I've tried different players and they all look as bad, and the editing programs won't play them properly either which is a real problem. I don't think it's how I've set it up as I've done it plenty of times with previous versions of Maya, so could anyone tell me what's wrong? I know I can just render as single frames and edit them together but I really need the alpha channel on the video.

I'd be sooo grateful if anyone can help!

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Maya 7 - avi rendering problems
on May 4, 2006 at 5:55:23 pm

I don't know what you mean by black blocks but I've had my file textures show up as black when I went to render because I was using uncompressed avi files as my file textures and maya wasn't getting enough memory. I don't know if that's the case with you or not. I'd try image sequences for your file textures if you're not already and I'd try rendering to an image sequence instead of an avi. Targa, tif and iff all support alpha along with some other formats and image sequences are far better rendering out of maya than wrapped movie files. Compositors like digital fusion and after effects support iff format so I always use that.

I use iff as my file texture format of choice for Maya too. Just be sure to use the right naming convention, either file.#### or file.####.ext I think.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own Velocity Q or HD. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

nanooki
Re: Maya 7 - avi rendering problems
on May 5, 2006 at 12:13:15 pm

Thanks, I didn't know that Targa, TIFF etc support alpha channels, that's great! The problem was that around the edges of the animation there was just a swathe of very unwanted blackness that kinda wrapped itself around my chracter in the final avi render. The textures I used were very basic plain colours as it was a test run to see if everything was working.

Well, tthanks to you I can get around the issue now anyway, you've been so much help! :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]