FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default Light in Command Line Renderer

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jporter313
Default Light in Command Line Renderer
on Apr 29, 2006 at 2:31:12 pm

Hi all, I am trying to find a render flag for the Maya command line render that will specify the default light as on. It seems to automatically turn it off if you don't specify. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Default Light in Command Line Renderer
on May 1, 2006 at 3:53:16 am

I believe this is actually a property of the Render Globals node, not set by a render command flag.

Look for the 'Render Options' section of the Render Globals node; there should be a checkbox called 'Enable Default Light'.

-Steve

Return to posts index

jporter313
on May 1, 2006 at 3:53:17 pm

yeah, it's checked, and the default light is turned on in renders within maya, but from the command line it is turned off.

BTW, I am using Smedge to generate a command line render.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on May 2, 2006 at 5:17:36 am

Hmmm, you got me stumped, then.

Could you add a pre-render MEL command that enables the default light? Try "setAttr rGlobals1.edl 1".

You could also post the command line that Smedge generates, maybe there's a clue in there.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
on May 2, 2006 at 11:19:37 pm

Another option might be to use Render Layers. If you don't add all but the default light generated in Maya, and specify in Smedge Options for maya -rl theNameOfSaidRenderLayer

Then it should work. Also you could obviously save a version of the scene without your lights and render this.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]