FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jittery Motion from Render

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JLK aniPNG
Jittery Motion from Render
on Apr 28, 2006 at 7:05:55 am

Using Maya 7 I rendered an object (Sphere with slitts cut out) moving past the camera frame from one side to the other like for a swipe transition. When I playback the movie in FCP the movie is jittery and steppy and the edges are jagged. The rendered in Maya was Maya Software,using Quicktime Compression - Animation,10 by 8 inch, 72 res, 1.77 device pixal aspect ration,
1.442 pixal aspect ration, and to Pal interlaced frames. Is there a way to render a sharper movie with a better interpolation.

Note: I am editing a 16:9 piece, the reasons for the aspect ration in the render.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Jittery Motion from Render
on Apr 28, 2006 at 2:35:12 pm

In general avoid rendering to any movie format, especially a compressed one.

Render your animation out as a series of individual frames, then use a compositor or editor to compile into a movie.

If there's a problem with the individual frames, that's something to troubleshoot within Maya. But if the problem is just with the compressed movie, then that itself is probably the culprit.

-Steve

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Jittery Motion from Render
on May 4, 2006 at 5:48:51 pm

What steve said. You're also probably running into an interlacing issue which is likely the cause of your jitteriness. :-) I'd do some short tests using the "field options" under the maya software tab. That still may not fix all of it though, it may be thin horizontal lines causing the flickering. After effects has a "reduce interlace flicker" which helps greatly with these issues. I don't know what final cut has to combat this. Any sort of vertical blur would do the same thing as reduce interlace flicker.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own Velocity Q or HD. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]