"Regardless of graphics card used, the following issues are noticeable:
The texture placement manipulator is not displayed. The manipulator can be forced to display by clicking the middle mouse button anywhere in the same window."
SO, how to get around this limitation ? I find that clicking the MMB button, this action *does not* force the display of the manipulator...
Also, for example, simple labeling of a label:
1. MMB drag a file object into the work area of HShade, Projection mode
2. rt click the Projection icon to "graph network"
3. now HShade shows 4 icons
4. if the texture manipulator is showing, its showing as a planar projection
5. look for any pop up or other selector to turn it into a cylindrical projection...
6. not found... where is the selector ?
wont you please take the time to reply ? would love to know how you Mac users get around this limitation, the basis of which is quoted in my previous response, cut and paste directly from the Autodesk/Alias website.