FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can anyone lead me in the right direction???

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Moore
Can anyone lead me in the right direction???
on Apr 21, 2006 at 9:42:54 pm

I'm back guys..sure it's been a while but I'm getting better so I have less questions :-)

OK, here goes....

Am I missing something? I tried to import a video (AVI) onto an image plane or on to a simple polygon plane and I get nothing. I tried to find something on importing video but there's not a lot or I'm looking in the wrong place. Is there a simple way to accomplish this? It seems as though it would be a 'no brainer'. Pity on me if that's the case but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Can anyone lead me in the right direction???
on Apr 23, 2006 at 12:55:23 am

If you're using avi use uncompressed avi. It's recommended you use image sequences because they use less memory during rendering and while you build your scene.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Apr 23, 2006 at 6:33:23 pm

Thanks Myth..I'll give it a shot. I assumed it was uncompressed. If sequences are better, I'll try to convert to image sequences (if I can).

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Apr 25, 2006 at 5:03:28 pm

I converted the AVI to a Targa sequence and attached it to a plane. When I select the Use Image Sequence check box, the image goes away and I get an error message. It says something about the sequence doesn't exist. I have some more reading to do on this but is there a straight-forward way to use the sequence? I've been adding it to the color channel and selecting Use Image Sequence. Is that incorrect? Is there some other step that I am missing?

Thanks in advance

G

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Apr 25, 2006 at 9:51:24 pm

The most common cause of problems with this setup is the file naming convention.

I believe that Maya is looking for files named according to the filename.# format. You might be able to deduce what it's looking for from the error message; "Image sequence mySequence.# doesn't exist" vs. "Image sequence mySequence.#.tga doesn't exist" vs. some other variation.

Also, check the documentation on the File and Movie texture nodes. The info is in there somewhere.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Apr 25, 2006 at 11:33:37 pm

Will do. Thanks Steve. I think it did in fact have that error message.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Apr 25, 2006 at 11:51:20 pm

Maya's usually pretty good about telling you what it's looking for.

At any rate... it beats the heck out of the old "SYNTAX ERROR. READY" that my C=64 used to give me. ;)

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]