i've wanted to share my knowledge about this issue. Yesterday i reached highest level of iritation because of the "known issue", after few hours of searching thru the web i've noticed that i'm not alone. A lot of people had problems with batch render with good render globals without any reason. So, there are few things to chech if your batch render doesn't work properly :
- chech render globals ;)
- DOWNLOAD MAYA 7.01 UPDATE, guys from alias repeared few bugs.
- switch off , cgfx.shader at plugins setting's , mostly it will
solve the problem
- create new scene, import your's, optimize it, render.
- add new camera to your scene, link it to previous one in
scene, render from new one.
- if rendering for further work with AEF change extension from
tga/tiff/jpeg/.whatever. to *.iff
- try to render from command line,
just click on Start>Run>
write up: cmd.exe and hit enter.
render -r sw xxx:yourfolderyour_scene.mb
Use "mr" instead of "sw" if you are rendering with Mental Ray
Hope this will help somebody to avoid spending few hours on asking " WTF happend to my maya :/ ??? "