FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to render in maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
mballom
How to render in maya
on Apr 14, 2006 at 7:40:28 am

Ok last time i asked this question someone told me to go to the rendering tab, thats what i did but things still are not clear to me. After i set the file name, all the stuffs in the render dialog box, i was expecting abutton that says RENDER, push it and the rendering process starts to actually process the file, BUT what i see at the end is a CLOSE button. I close the dialogue and Maya just sits right there nothing happens.

How to actually get it to start producing my animation avi file???

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
Re: How to render in maya
on Apr 14, 2006 at 11:34:03 pm

When you select Render (either batch or otherwise)the box remains until you close it. The rendering goes on once you start the process. You will see the processing at the bottom of the screen. maya will show each frame being rendered as it goes from frame 1 thru your sequence. It will show a percentage of rendering completed for each frame. You won't see a screen pop up showing your rendered project like it does when you render one frame. Assuming you set up the render properly in the Render Globals, your scene will render and when done will be in your default (Images?) folder.

Return to posts index

mballom
on Apr 15, 2006 at 3:47:52 am

Thanks Glenn

I *finally* got it. Now is the position of currentime important before launching render globals? I ask this because i created a 24 frames animation but i found a file that is still as tho nothing happened.

Subsidiairy question: how can i get more frames for animation? i can see only 24 frames so far.

Sorry my questions might seem stupide, but this is the software my brother uses, he usually does all the things except he is on vacation i have to try it by myself jumping all the time from help files to buttons i don't seem to catch anything lol.

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Apr 15, 2006 at 4:53:45 am

There are no stupid questions. :-) You have to start somewhere. A lot of the good folks here have answered a lot of my questions.

In Render Globals, you need to make sure you are setting the render options properly. It doesn't matter where the cursor is at the time because Render Globals controls the render not your work area. Is that what you're asking?

Make sure the Frame/Animation Extension is NOT set to Single Frame or that's what you'll get. Also, make sure you set your Start and End frames properly. If you want more frames, that's where you tell Maya what range to render. If you want 300 frames and your timeline goes from 1 to 300, make sure your start frame is set to 1 and your end frame is 300.

If you meant that your timeline only shows 24 frames, you can change the range manually by just typing in the the frame range you want.

I hope that answers your question.

Return to posts index

mballom
on Apr 15, 2006 at 7:16:29 am

"It doesn't matter where the cursor is at the time because Render Globals controls the render not your work area. Is that what you're asking?"

Exactly what i was asking. Again thank you

Return to posts index

Glenn Moore
on Apr 15, 2006 at 4:11:25 pm

Good. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]