FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating more particles upon contact

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe
creating more particles upon contact
by
on Mar 28, 2006 at 6:48:39 am

I know this is prob pretty easy, but I have a stream of particles (coffee) going into the coffee pot and i'd like the particles to fill up the pot, however the stream of particles isn't nearly enough in and of itself. I was thinking i could achieve it by making more particles emit upon contact. But I'm not sure how to do this.. any help would be great!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: creating more particles upon contact
on Mar 28, 2006 at 6:35:01 pm

It is possible to create more particles on collision using the Collision Event Editor. However, if you want your particles to fill up the volume of your pot object, I'm afraid you're using the wrong approach. Particles do not take up any space and therefore cannot fill a volume.

There are some crafty workarounds which can approximate space-filling behaviour (e.g. making the particles the source of a radial field emitted per-point), but in general it sounds like you should get a fluid simulation solution, if possible.

The other thing to do is to use geometry (softbodies, e.g.) to simulate the coffee collecting in the pot, and just match the animation so it looks decent.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]