FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya shortcuts acting up...

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kodragon
Maya shortcuts acting up...
on Mar 20, 2006 at 6:53:03 am

Hello anyone,

I have just started learning Maya 7 Unlimited. I was just wondering if anyone has experience any keyboard shortcut problems in Maya. Every so often, the keyboard shortcuts would get swithced around, eg., the "w" becomes "Undo Command" while "CNTL z" becomes the "Move Tool". Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Jon W.
Re: Maya shortcuts acting up...
on Mar 20, 2006 at 10:12:14 pm

For random weirdness I've found trashing your userPrefs.mel (and in your case userHotkeys.mel) preference files. On OS X it's /Hard Drive/Users/Username/Library/Preferences/Alias/maya/7.0/prefs/ for Windows do a file search. Backup the prefs files before you do anything though since dumping these files will obviously delete your saved settings and any custom hotkeys you've created.

Return to posts index

kodragon
on Mar 21, 2006 at 12:29:51 am

Hey Jon,

Thanks for the tip. Do you know what's causing the problem? Is it just a bug in Maya? Also, on a different note, do you do any character animation? If so, can you give me some pointers on setting up proper joint orientation. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jon W.
on Mar 21, 2006 at 7:07:41 pm

I don't think it's a recent bug as I remember you would have to do this in previous versions. I know the basics of character animation but you're much better off getting some of the gnomon stuff http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/kin01.html (see the entire character rigging series) since I remember there were some pitfalls to avoid when setting up your rig.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]