FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie question :)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
muiisal
newbie question :)
on Mar 11, 2006 at 11:53:02 am

hi there. i've got a very simple question; re: NURBS extrude/curve creating; apologies in advance.

i was wondering if it was possible to create a curve along the edge of my model? I realise I can draw my curve freehand, but this isn't exact, and I'd like to create the curve so I can then extrude it... so it needs to be exact.

or am i going about this the wrong way? do i need to create a curve on the edge of my model, or can i just select the edge line and extrude this?

any help greatly appreciated...

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: newbie question :)
on Mar 11, 2006 at 3:59:57 pm

If your model is made of NURBS, then the 'edge' is itself an isoparm, which can be duplicated (Duplicate Curve On Surface) and extruded.

No matter what your model is made of, you can draw a curve precisely along it by using one of several methods. First, you could turn on snapping while you draw the curve (either to points or to curves, depending on the model). Second, you could make the model live and then draw a curve-on-surface directly on its surface.

-Steve

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jason Brummett
on Mar 11, 2006 at 4:49:50 pm

You can also duplicate polygon edges in the same manner via the Nurbs option or a better way is to use the Bonus Tools>create curve from edges tool and lastly for accuracy you can project curves built in orthographic space onto existing Nurbs Surfaces.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
muiisal
on Mar 13, 2006 at 10:21:26 am

thanks kindly - problem solved :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]