FORUMS: list search recent posts

Yellow and Purple Dots

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bahamut
Yellow and Purple Dots
on Mar 2, 2006 at 4:12:03 am

Hello. In Maya, I am having some trouble. I am making a polygon primitive cone, and I can get the purple dots to show up. But, I know I can manipulate my objects better with the yellow dots, as I have seen in a Maya tutorial several times before. I want to get the yellow dots to show up, but I have no clue how to go about doing it. Below is a thread which I made with pics which may better explain it:

http://www.highend3d.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=219260

BTW, I know how to manipulate the purple dots. I just know there's a way to get the yellow dots to show up. Please help if you can, thanks in advance !!

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: Yellow and Purple Dots
on Mar 2, 2006 at 5:35:34 am

The yellow and purple dots are the same thing: CVs, which stands for 'Control Vertices'. Be default, unselected CVs are purple, while selected CVs are yellow. Choose your 'select' tool and draw a box around the CVs you want to manipulate. They will turn yellow, and then you can manipulate them as normal.

-Steve

Return to posts index

Bahamut
on Mar 7, 2006 at 10:02:27 pm

How do I bring up the window with File and Solvers and all that stuff. Also, I forget how to briing up the object manipulators. Ya know, like the one where u can spin the object and move it up and down.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Mar 8, 2006 at 2:44:59 am

hitting the w key selects the move key, press that and then select the dots and you should see the translation handles.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Mar 9, 2006 at 3:29:59 pm

The F2-F5 keys cycle through different menus. If you have hidden the menus from view in the window, you can press and hold the spacebar to bring up the Hotbox, which should display them.

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]