FORUMS: list search recent posts

render issues

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lost-boy
render issues
on Feb 27, 2006 at 8:00:18 pm

Hey there,
I have a simple scene, 1 second of animation to loop. I've a little bit of particle effects going on and it's a relatively a low expense scene. I've rendered stuff before at work and never had a problem but my home pc's killing me. Anyway after I have my render globals set up, i do a batch render and the result is a rendered movie exactly as i'd hoped but it plays back at half the speed, if not less. I have gone through the animation settings changing from 30fps to 60 etc... no joy. Then i tried Different resolutions... no joy. I tried rendering without the textures... you get the picture. please someone help!
Thanks.

mmmm skeleton

Return to posts index

balloonknott
Re: render issues
on Feb 28, 2006 at 12:30:41 am

Are you using the fcheck playback?

Go to the timeline, right-click and go to the playback option, go into the settings and set it for fcheck.

Then start a playback, stop the playback (Esc key), and once in that window, go to file - open animation, and find your rendered sequence.

I'm sure there is an easier way to do this but i'm fairly new.

Return to posts index

lost-boy
on Feb 28, 2006 at 11:00:36 am

Is that not just a playblast?

mmmm skeleton

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
on Feb 28, 2006 at 6:26:45 am

you say you rendered a movie? What output image format did you render to? is it an avi file? If so make sure that the movie is being encoded at the proper frame rate, and if that checks out, make sure the computer isn't just playing the movie slowly because it can't keep up with the data in the file.

Return to posts index

lost-boy
on Feb 28, 2006 at 10:57:24 am

I rendered the clip as an AVI alright. I apologise for the duh-ness of this next question but, how do i make sure it's encoded correctly?
I think I've looked at everything in maya and in the movie player (windows media player) and I'm stumped.

mmmm skeleton

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
on Feb 28, 2006 at 5:18:51 pm

Well, as a test I would render it to an image sequence and build the movie in a third party post package like premiere or after effects/shake/combustion...whatever you have at your disposal. Maya doesn't give you much control over the movie encoding when you choose to render directly to avi.

I imagine you'll have better luck and more control over it that way.

Return to posts index

lost-boy
on Feb 28, 2006 at 5:23:00 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

mmmm skeleton

Return to posts index

JLK aniPNG
on Apr 28, 2006 at 6:37:40 am

I am new to Maya and I use it on a G5 Mac.Thus, In the Preferences Settings Under Timeline check that the playback is in realtime

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]