FORUMS: list search recent posts

"maya 6: The complete reference" tutorial problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spatula
"maya 6: The complete reference" tutorial problem
on Feb 10, 2006 at 8:20:05 pm

I'm doing the tutorials in this book and have run across a problem I can't seem to fix. I follow the direction to the letter, lofting the shape and then connecting the individual pieces, but the result I get and what the book shows are very different. I've attached images of the books pages and supplied a blue arrow and question mark at the point I get stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

http://webpages.charter.net/mpflanz/page-01.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/mpflanz/page-02.jpg

Return to posts index

cow
Sean Fennell
Re: "maya 6: The complete reference" tutorial problem
on Feb 11, 2006 at 12:25:02 am

it looks like they just increased the viewport display resolution for the nurbs. Press 3 on the keyboard with the surface selected and it will show a higher curvature display which is more accurate.

Return to posts index

Spatula
on Feb 11, 2006 at 3:40:30 am

no, the ends are closed and i can't figure out how it was done

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
on Feb 12, 2006 at 12:31:04 am

Yo,

I'm not sitting in front of MAYA right now, so I can't try this one myself, but If you look at the image in your first page (page 93), do you see that on the ends of there are two sets of curves (like if each curve is a 'C', then at the head and tail ends you have two concentric Cs? Make sure that when you're lofting, you're not only lofing the six in-line curves together, but also the two sets of concentric Cs together. Then, when you attach surfaces for the first time, click on the little box next to attache surfaces in the menu and make sure that 'Blend' is on.

I gotta tell you though, at first I thought the instructions left out the step to add the cap on the surfaces... I was the same problem you were questioning.

Hope that Helps,

Ben Insler

Editor

Telemark Films

Return to posts index

Spatula
on Feb 12, 2006 at 3:05:47 am

i didn't see those the forst time, but i see em now...thx for the help. Hopefully this works

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]