FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera / Aim > Camera

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
Camera / Aim > Camera
on Feb 9, 2006 at 4:42:47 pm

Suppose I have a camera aim group node set up but I found out after the fact I need a normal "camera" node (so I can import camera data to after effects - I think AE's import still just supports a normal camera node and not camera / aim and camera / aim / up). Is there an easy way of setting up a normal camera so that its framing and movement matches the original camera / aim group?

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: Camera / Aim > Camera
on Feb 9, 2006 at 5:15:21 pm

you could create a new camera and constrain it to the original camera, then back the constraint since the constraint position wont go to after effects eitehr.

Or you could duplicate your aimed camera and delete the target and up objects, it should keep its position, though I've never actually done that before.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
on Feb 9, 2006 at 5:17:35 pm

I don't have Maya open right now, but I believe that the 'Aim' node just exerts constraints on the camera node, automatically animating its rotation attributes. You might be able to get away with baking out those channels. Or you might take it a step further and bake out the animation, copy those curves, and paste them to a completely new camera... I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't end up being helpful, post again.

-Steve

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Feb 9, 2006 at 9:59:57 pm

I'll try that, Thanks Sean & Steve!

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>