FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya 5.0 Unlimited MOVE TOOL PROBLEM

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lastwraith
Maya 5.0 Unlimited MOVE TOOL PROBLEM
on Feb 2, 2006 at 2:39:47 am

My girlfriend is having a problem getting the move tool to appear, can anyone help out?

In her own words (I do the hardware not the software unfortunately):

"...in the UV texture editor you're supposed to use the move tool to move points around and that's what i used when I was working on this before, but for some reason when I went to do that today, the tool wasn't showing up in the texture editor."

Any clue Maya gurus?
Thanks, Keith

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: Maya 5.0 Unlimited MOVE TOOL PROBLEM
on Feb 2, 2006 at 7:04:07 pm

The move tool manipulator only shows in the texture editor if you have UV's selected. Also what graphics card does she have installed? Sometimes unsupported graphics cards will cause the translate manipulator to not show in some GL views.

Return to posts index

lastwraith
on Feb 3, 2006 at 2:07:08 am

Thanks for the response. I think I got her a Nvidia Quadro 1100. It was under $1000 for the card about 1 year ago or so. It's not running the most current Nvidia driver, but it is running one that was pretty much universally verified as being more Maya friendly which seemed to me more important.

The thing is, the tool has shown up in the past it just disappeared recently for some reason. Odd. She said she had UV selected but it still wouldnt show.

I don't know anything about the program so I cant really help her. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
on Feb 3, 2006 at 3:33:26 am

well the hardware is fine, and I'[m sure the drivers are fine. Does the move tool show up anywhere else? like is it perfectly fine in the 3d viewers? One thing that can happen is the manipulators could have been scaled down very small. Pressing the plus/equal and minus keys will increase and decrease the manipulator size. Another thing that could happen is something in her preferences was changed recently that is causing a conflict with the texture editor window. If she backs up her prefs moves them out of the way thats a good way to test if its a preferences problem.

Return to posts index

lastwraith
on Feb 4, 2006 at 2:41:45 am

Thanks, I will pass along your suggestions. Someone else also mentioned the preferences so maybe that's all that it is.

Thanks again, Keith

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]