FORUMS: list search recent posts

Muster render client for Maya 7

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mYthprod
Muster render client for Maya 7
on Jan 24, 2006 at 3:40:53 pm

Anyone using maya 7 and muster? I did a search on their forums but didn't find any help. The problem is installing muster 4.48 or 4.5 leaves Maya's default path at the bin folder level like it always has. But Maya 7 moved its mayaswrender.exe file to the bin > unsupported folder and I'm not sure why. It seems to still work okay but it wasn't an expected behavior. Anyone know what's up with that?

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

mattdleonard
Re: Muster render client for Maya 7
on Jan 24, 2006 at 3:52:33 pm

Hi there,

We have successfully got Maya 7 and Muster 4.45 working !

The big difference in the Muster Explorer is that you need to set the Render Engine to "Maya Unified Render"

Under the Muster Management Console our settings are :

Maya Tab
C:Program FilesAliasMaya7.0bin
Maya 6.5 or greater

and we have ticked under the General Tab : Maya, Mental Ray for Maya, Maya 6_ Unified, Maya Vector, Mental Ray (but we may not need them all ticked but it does work for us) !

Hope this helps.

For more info eMail me at matt@leonardfamily.co.uk

Regards

Matt Leonard

http://www.leonardfamily.co.uk

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Jan 24, 2006 at 7:23:12 pm

Thanks, Sean, Chad and Matt. :-) The unified thing is what did it.

I've actually installed 4.48 and it seems to be working okay, at least with one machine now. That was weird. I do like the fact that it now gives you an option on which renderer you can use (vector, hardware, software, etc). I was using 4.43 with Maya 6.0 and I remember having problems trying to render hardware with muster. I think I had to just get one machine to do it overnight so I could get my stuff out on time.

Thanks again!

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Jan 24, 2006 at 4:54:23 pm

i think this has something to do with the fact they are trying to get everybody to use the maya unified render process. I could be way off tho. As long as your paths are set correctly in muster config, you should be fine. From what i've seen on the install, it usually detects maya 7 and sets the paths for you.
-chad

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
on Jan 24, 2006 at 5:33:44 pm

probably because they revamped how the batch render command works. Now it uses an xml file for a render description which in turn launches the mayabatch that executes a mel script to prepare maya for rendering with the appropriate renderer. Now instead of calling mayaswrender directly you use Render -r sw

-r is the -renderer flag and you specify which renderer to use, so you can pass it mr (for mental ray) and any other plugin render, such as turtle. Its the new unified rendering architecture.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]