FORUMS: list search recent posts

mmm...particles

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholastoth
mmm...particles
on Jan 19, 2006 at 3:43:14 am

Hey guys whats up?

Well I'm a c4d user trying to make the big switch to maya 7. I do mostly motion graphics along with dynamic effects (particles/hard/soft bodies/cloth/dynamic simulations) and I was wondering where I could maybe pick up some classes, or DVD's that don't cost fifty bucks each to pick up these same aspects in maya. I live by philadelphia --- but i'd much prefer a DVD. I'm comfortable with thinking particles on maxons end, and i was wondering how difficult alias' particle system is.

Maya just looks so much more professional than c4d --- and its fluids/dynamic particles look pretty interesting.

Nicholas Toth
Freelance Animator
nicholastoth.com

Return to posts index

frank weber
Re: mmm...particles
on Jan 19, 2006 at 1:21:10 pm

I'd suggest getting a book from Amazon covering Maya 7 particles. A bit cheaper. The-long-way-round is probably the best in the end. Depending on how intricate your particle system gets it can turn into a very daunting feat in Maya. I know they get a lot more complicated that 3dsmax particles.... If that's a good comparison.?

Return to posts index

Nicholastoth
on Jan 19, 2006 at 2:04:56 pm

I think the thinking particle system in 3ds is very similar to c4d...so I've heard atleast.
TGP is rule based with all sorts of garbage going on, you can do almost anything with it.

Nicholas Toth
Freelance Animator
nicholastoth.com

Return to posts index

spooky
on Jan 20, 2006 at 8:37:54 pm

Books are great. You can probably pick up a Maya 6 book cheap and I din't think core functions have have changed that much. There a plenty of good online tutorials out there. Be sure and checkout Highend3d.com. Gnomen videos are great, but as you mentioned pricey. They do have a monthly subscription things that may work out cheaper and you can check out a lot of their content that way. I find the Gnomen stuff really useful for a program like Maya where it's hard to just jump in and play around and expect to get somewhere.

Return to posts index

Jon W.
on Jan 22, 2006 at 12:40:23 am

yeah, the gnomon stuff is worth the price, also check out http://www.digitaltutors.com/digital_tutors/index.php if you need something specific. It's pretty good (they have a lot of sample free videos), although I still think the gnomon stuff is top notch if you're looking to really get into Maya.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]