FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying maya 7 at the end of the month or wait....

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Carvajal
Buying maya 7 at the end of the month or wait....
on Jan 17, 2006 at 3:41:45 am

I'm thinking of getting maya 7 unlimited by the end of the month using my teacher discount. Now I have read that the Autodesk aquistion of Alias is a done deal and made me think back when Alias and Wavefront merged to create maya. Do you guys think that max features will be imported into maya in the next version or a new product will be created? What I don't want to do is buy 7 then a few weeks later seeing a press release saying Maya 8 due out Fall 06 with the above intergration of max and therefore I would have to learn the new features :(. For me its really hard to get back into maya after 5 years since I got taught this stuff in college and I am on version 4.0 :(
What do you think?

Return to posts index

Jon W.
Re: Buying maya 7 at the end of the month or wait....
on Jan 17, 2006 at 7:22:56 am

Buy now. There's been wild speculation all over the net that they will create some Frankenstein type Maxa, or 3D Studio Maya or whatever but I don't think that's likely in the next few versions. All evidence points to 3DS Max being targeted mainly at game creators and Maya for the film market, with a nice cross pollination of technologies between the two in the meantime. Wouldn't be surprised if Maya gets some nice poly modeling features and Max gets new modules like Fluids. Maya 7 is a great update in my opinion, lots of cool helpful features.

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
Re: Buying maya 7 at the end of the month or wait....
on Jan 17, 2006 at 8:51:50 am

LOL Maxa or 3d studio maya..intresting names.. i wouldn't be suprised if it does happen. Ok, im in , at the end of the month, I will buy maya 7. Hopefully I can completely remove Maya 4.0 so it doesn't effect Maya 7.0 (as in prefrences, license info, etc) as i would hate to see 7.0 get screwed over when I install and get wierd crashes because of left over 4.0 gunk :|

thanks again!

Buy now. There's been wild speculation all over the net that they will create some Frankenstein type Maxa, or 3D Studio Maya or whatever but I don't think that's likely in the next few versions. All evidence points to 3DS Max being targeted mainly at game creators and Maya for the film market, with a nice cross pollination of technologies between the two in the meantime. Wouldn't be surprised if Maya gets some nice poly modeling features and Max gets new modules like Fluids. Maya 7 is a great update in my opinion, lots of cool helpful features.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]