FORUMS: list search recent posts

1000 pictures

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
helgijo
1000 pictures
on Jan 7, 2006 at 3:04:47 am

Hi,
My client is asking me to make a footage which includes 1000(or at least a lot) different mosaic tiles .The mosaic pictures have to sort of "breath in and out" induvidually and then disappear one by one until there is only one left. the mosaic tiles are in various shades of color. When dealing with so many induvidual tiles, how would you approch this problem? I was thinking of just using After Effects when I'm letting them disappear, but I'm having trouble with the breathing motion.
I'm not that good in mel, but wouldn't some kind of a script be the best way to let all the tiles wiggle in some sort of breathing motion?

Return to posts index

Jason Brummett
Re: 1000 pictures
on Jan 7, 2006 at 2:37:23 pm

Well anything over 10 or 20 pieces, I think it would be wise to let the computer do some of the automation for you.

Jason Brummett
Studio Z Inc.

Return to posts index

Steve Sayer
Re: 1000 pictures
on Jan 12, 2006 at 6:31:24 pm

I agree with Jason: this really calls for some automation, with dynamics or MEL or both.

What does 'breathe in and out' mean in this context? And what is one individual tile going to look like--will it be a piece of geometry with bevelled edges and detailed textures, or will it be a simple coloured square? Will the render view be isometric or perspective?

-Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]