FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Training DVD for a 3D newbie?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cohen
Best Training DVD for a 3D newbie?
on Jan 5, 2006 at 7:56:55 pm

I am a 2d designer and would like to put 3d in my workflow, so i have Maya and would liek to take a course or two, but in the mean-time i am looking for a good training DVD. Any adv5ce

Cheers
=Dave=

Return to posts index

mYthprod
Re: Best Training DVD for a 3D newbie?
on Jan 6, 2006 at 12:27:59 am

Actually some of the best training videos are on CD that accompany books. Alias books are good and the Maya fundamentals books (Jim Lammers) are always great. Video DVDs (such as gnomon) are really not good at all for beginners because you won't remember 3/4 of what you watched. When you're intermediate and understand the steps they're doing but want to learn techniques and workflow and such then the gnomon-like training videos become more valuable.

If you're a newby go the book / tutorial route and follow the tutorials along with an instructor on the DVD. Best way to get your feet wet.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

David Cohen
on Jan 6, 2006 at 2:36:15 pm

Thanks, that seems like a good route.

Cheers
-D-

Return to posts index

George Loch
on Jan 12, 2006 at 8:40:32 am

You might also try Lynda.com's maya training. If you sign up for a month's worth of subscription it's pretty cheap ($25).

-gl

Return to posts index

Butch007
on Jan 28, 2006 at 6:17:24 am

In starting out Digital Tutors actually has some excellent DVDs. They really get pretty deep into the feature set if you check out their library, but they really take the time to explain the things simply, but effectively. I wish I'd known about them when I started learning Maya. I would have saved myself a lot of late nights.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]