FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render - my object looks stretch

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
badbagel
Render - my object looks stretch
on Dec 15, 2005 at 12:38:38 am

Hello,

I'm rendering using Maya software and everytime I render preview my object looks a little bit stretched along the x-axis. I want my render view to match up with my prespective view perfectly. How do I do that? Thanks

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
Re: Render - my object looks stretch
on Dec 16, 2005 at 11:13:15 pm

First of all (even though this may not apply to your initial question) make sure that your resolution gate is displayed if you want your rendered frame to perfectly match what you see through your Perspective Camera. When you click render, everything inside the resolution gate will render, and nothing outside of it will. (I'm not looking at Maya right now, but I believe if you go to your perspective window, choose View->Camera Settings->Resolution Gate).

If your image looks stretched, you might be rendering in the wrong pixel aspect ration. If you're rendering simply for presentation on a computer alone, make sure you're rendering in square pixels (In your render globals). If you're ultimately rendering for presentation on a format with a different pixel aspect ration (like NTSC, which has a pixel aspect ratio of 0.9, your image will always look stretched on your computer, but it will look fine when you display it on a TV (this is essentiall because your computer monitor can't distinguish between squre and rectangular pixels, so it displays the rectangular ones as square ones which stretches the image).

Hope that helps.

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]