FORUMS: list search recent posts

its not a question - just my work in prog that I wanted to share :)

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthonymcgrath
its not a question - just my work in prog that I wanted to share :)
on Dec 14, 2005 at 3:56:52 pm

hi guys,
I didn't know where else I could post this up but I just wanted to say thanks for helping me out with some previous queries and share my work in progress with you as you guys have helped me out with previous probs I've had doing it.
Theres still some after effects comping to do and some more layers to build on along with a few shots but thought it may interest you all to see :)

ps - if this post needs relocating then let me know
ta
ant

url below... (qtime mov - 7.5mb)
http://www.savefile.com/projects/606404

Return to posts index

Sean Fennell
Re: its not a question - just my work in prog that I wanted to share :)
on Dec 14, 2005 at 5:55:43 pm

Looks really good, Anthony. I'd love to see it finished. Are you planning on adding rain hits and motion blur? Good work.

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Dec 15, 2005 at 5:05:44 pm

That's cool, Anthony. Very sweet. Actually I would've preferred less rain as it got in the way of seeing some of the detail at times, at least for me. The CU on the hot brake rotor was great and both cars looked outstanding. Once it's done you'll have to post it here and in the demo reel forum (if you want feedback anyway).

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

* Build Your Own VelocityQ. See how * :
http://www.customflix.com/Store/ShowTtl.jsp?id=205835

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
on Dec 16, 2005 at 11:14:22 pm

That looks fantastic. I'm curious - How did you achieve the effect of the break light streaking across the screen?

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Dec 17, 2005 at 10:40:17 pm

Not to speak for anthony but I'd assumed the object was isolated and the blur / echo was done in a compositing app.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

anthonymcgrath
on Dec 19, 2005 at 4:18:57 pm

hi guys
thanks for the positive feedback :D wouldn't have looked half as good without peeps help on this site...

Sean:
I plan on adding rain hits where I can - mostly it will be around the wheels - splashes, skids, etc.. just trying to get some nice splash effects in afx using footage clips and particle effects. I did a nice 3d splash using maya particles and used the luminance of that to create a afx refraction (caustics) but it needs a bit more work and a couple of more layers to increase depth. kind of a nested, nested, nested composition haha! If I can get some motion blur in there I will but I may not bother yet as I like the crisp look to it.

John - thanks alot. I've been working on the rain in the composite - I'm using another CC plugin now that lets me get some depth in the rain so thats cool. I'm working on headlights at the minute and they really enhance the look of the animation. I got the engine flythrough on the cosworth done over the wkend and thats looking quite nice but is a very quick flythru to keep the speed of the animation going. I'll be sure to post it up once I'm done tho.

Ben:
the light streaks from the rear lights were done using a separate render of the rear lights - I rendered it out at a much higher frame rate from maya (0.1 frames as opposed to 1.. that way I got 10frames for every 1frame of the original beauty pass). I then used ECHO in afx and some glow along with a bit of vector blur to smudge it up - works quite nicely I think :) I plan on adding it into a few more shots as the headlights have really beefed up the style so If I get the blurs in too that should add to it.

theres only a few more shots to go now - a side shot, a shot where the cosworth cuts the skyline up (payback!) and then a final skid toward the camera. I just need to add in backgrounds (city, sky, etc..) and motion match them in (maya-afx cam import -woohoo!) and it should work out nicely.

I also plan on adding a title to the end - if anyones seen 2fast2furious - the light trace effects around the title. Easy enough to do BUT ...can anyone think up a NAME for me - imagine this is a demo for a racing game. I thought of "Hi-Spec-Racing" ...imaginitive huh? if anyone can better that and doesn't mind me using it then suggest some stuff :)

Return to posts index

anthonymcgrath
on Dec 22, 2005 at 10:29:31 am

hi guys

heres the updated animation for ya - headlight glows, bg cityscape, extra shot and tweaked rain effects (more zdepth stuff) - see what yer think - do you reckon I should plonk this up in the afx forum too? theres a fair whack of compositing that may interest other bods :)

http://www.savefile.com/projects/629894

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Dec 29, 2005 at 5:17:26 am

That's sweet, Anthony. I notice some of the changes you've made as I circulated your older version around the office at work (when you posted in Maya forum). The trip through the car was my favorite but I love the city scape, nicely done! Heh, RS500. You're going to have to come up with some wicked sound effects for this.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

mYthprod
on Dec 29, 2005 at 5:19:55 am

[mYthprod] "I notice some of the changes you've made as I circulated your older version around the office at work (when you posted in Maya forum)."

Man I need some sleep. Thought I was in the demo reel forum. :-P

Btw, the tail lights now look like they were painted on in compositor and masked away. Am I close? :-P One of the guys in the office asked about it.

- mYthprod
(John David Hutton)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]